SIDRA Officer Duties
Formed in 1977, SIDRA (Southwestern Idaho Desert Racing Association) is a non profit organization that administrates a season points championship. Our great group of volunteers strive to help local clubs put on fun, challenging, family friendly desert races. Officer nominations are made at the October meeting each year and officers are elected at our November meeting. Check out our Schedule Page for dates, times and locations.
Below are list of duties and currently serving officers of SIDRA. If you would like to help in 2020, please join our next meeting and let us know!
President – David Kamo
- Answer phone calls for general questions
- Chair Monthly Meetings
- Book Monthly Meeting Space
- Checks SIDRA PO box bi-weekly, renews mailbox contract every June.
- Banquet Planning
- Order Jackets, Trophies, Plaques, catering, emcee, raffle prizes, banquet room.
- Social Media posts and message replies
- AMA Advancement, reclassification annually and as requested/needed
Vice President – Rhiannon Kamo
- Reply to SIDRA emails for general questions
- Assist with onsite SIDRA Membership and temp #’s at races
- Series sponsorship contracts
- Sponsorship emails and social media posts
- Order Merchandise
- Ship Merchandise Orders
- Renew AMA Charter Annually
- Update online rules annually
Secretary – Lindsay Haskell
- Meeting Minutes
- Create FB Events for meetings and races
- Reply to social media messages and emails
- Maintain Club agreements, update Google Drive as needed
- Obtain COI from clubs with SIDRA as named insured before each event
- Import email addresses from Moto-Tally into Mailchimp
- Send “Pre-Entry open” Email for each race from Mailchimp
- Update website with race information and schedule
- Contact jacket winners at year end to confirm size and invite to banquet
Treasurer – Travis Doty
- Pay Bills as needed
- Make deposits
- Provide monthly report of income and expenses at meeting
- Maintain bank balances, sending transfers from Paypal
- Send and follow up on sponsorship invoices
- Calculate, Send and follow up on club invoices for rider fees
- Files 990-N with IRS by May 15th Annually
Points Steward – Coby Barlow
- Assign Membership #’s, print and mail membership cards.
- Assist with onsite SIDRA Membership and temp #’s at races.
- Coordinate with club getting timing and scoring trailer to events.
- Transfer database to laptops, help clubs set up laptops for scoring and race registration.
- Train clubs on scoring, help with finalizing results and transferring database back to the web.
- Contact clubs for worker points within 5 days of the race.
- Add worker points to events and update points online.
- Answer emails and messages regarding points/results/rider database.
- Send results to Hook-It after each race and for the championship.
- Send schedule to KTM and Husqvarna each January for contingency.
- Determine jacket winners for awards banquet.
- Determine earned numbers for following year within 30 days of final series race.