Youth Racers are the best part of the SIDRA series! We have some rules from our insurance provider, please read and understand them so the check-in process on site can go quickly and smoothly for everyone. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A parent or legal guardian must be present the entire event. If both parents cannot attend, the minor MUST present an AMA Annual waiver and an Authorized adult acting on behalf of the parents or legal guardians must provide a notarized statement indicating they have been given the authority by the parent or legal guardian to be responsible for the minor during the meet.
2. For a Minor to race any AMA Sanctioned Race, we must have an AMA Minor Competition Release completed. BOTH parents must complete this release. Save EVERYONE a TON of time by doing this online 2 weeks in advance of the event, it will be good for the remainder of the calendar year. Won't have it in time? Then BOTH parents must sign the form in the presence of an event official at the event. This means both of you come to sign ups.
A - ANNUAL AMA ELECTRONIC RELEASE. Minor participants must have an active AMA membership for the minor release to be accepted. Upon submission of the electronic waivers, you will receive a confirmation email that you should save for your records and bring to the event. Annual Minor Release Cards are only active for the current calendar year and will expire every year on December 31st. Processing time could be as long as 3 weeks. For any other questions or concerns, contact Connie Fleming at email@example.com.
- Both Parents/Guardians Version – This version requires each parent/guardian to sign and submit a form individually to complete the process. Electronic Annual Minor Release Form
- Sole Custody Version – This version requires the parent/guardian with legal sole custody to sign and submit one form to complete the process. Electronic Annual Minor Release Form – SOLE CUSTODY
B - SINGLE EVENT RELEASE - A Minor Single Event Release form, signed by both parents (in front of an event official) unless either one parent is deceased or the parent signing the minor up has full court-approved legal custody, may be signed at the event.
C - If both parents cannot be at the race and the race is less than 2 weeks away, both parents can notarize a Minor Notarization Single Event Release form.
3. All competitors must have an AMA membership. You must bring proof of AMA membership (something from AMA with your # and expiration date on it) to the event. If you do not bring this, you will have to buy a day pass at the event. Sign Up, renew and even get day passes online now from the AMA SIDRA Link.
Adults - There is now an Annual AMA adult Electronic release Sign and submit one form to complete the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a release card? The American Motorcyclist Association encourages all competitors to have a release form on their file for the current racing year if they are participating in AMA-sanctioned events. The event organizers may require additional documentation that is separate from the AMA.
Do I need to fill out separate forms if I have more than one racer? Yes, every racer in your household is required to have their own release form on file.
Does my racer need their own AMA membership to receive a release card? Yes, release cards are only valid if the racer has an AMA membership with their own AMA number; we are not able to provide release cards to any individual that does not have an active profile. Please visit the following link to sign up for a membership: Join the AMA.
When will the release card expire? The release card expires at the end of every calendar year, on December 31, and you must submit a new form every year to receive a valid card. You cannot reuse an old release card.
Do both parents or guardians need to sign the minor form? Yes, both parents or guardians are required to sign the electronic forms, unless the parent or guardian has legal sole custody of the minor racer, in which case they would need to select the related box on either form indicating this. There are no exceptions.
When will I get my minor’s card? Please allow up to 2–3 weeks for processing. A digital release card will be emailed to the email address(s) used in submitting through Smartwaiver and the email address in the individual’s AMA membership profile.
Why did the event organizers not accept my release card? Some event organizers and tracks may choose to use their own insurance company and, therefore, may have their own regulations and documentation needed for participants to adhere to, beyond what the AMA offers. It is encouraged that you reach out to your racer’s event hosts to see forms they will or will not accept.